This short course guides you through foundational practices in teaching and learning from writing learning objectives and planning class sessions to creating your syllabus and assessments. It contains conversations with faculty, staff, and students; sample assignments; and a playlist of resources related to teaching at the college level.
By the end of this course, learners will:
• Explore three essential practices for teaching
• Write effective learning objectives aligned with the S.M.A.R.T. framework
• Create activities and assessments aligned with course learning objectives
• Develop a comprehensive, effective syllabus
• Create a Blackboard course site using Blackboard's essential tools and features.